Thread: Great Indian Hornbill

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Great Indian Hornbill

Attached Images Attached Images

Had to climb up a steep hill slope and positioned above the fruiting fig tree to get such top view
    Nikon D850+850mm,f5.6,1/2000s,ISO 2500.
    Thanks for looking comments welcome.
    Last edited by Debapratim Saha; 09-19-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very neat. Love the dorsal view you have captured here. Great background. Bird is angling away slightly but who cares.

3. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

excellent details and top side view. you nailed this one. I am OK with the angle because a) we can see the head and eye very well and b) dorsal view is nice

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

5. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto Arash but I'd rather see the head turned a bit toward us. Some eye doctor work would improve this. LMK if you need any help with that.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Would love to know that

Threads
    Thank You Posts

First, here is the repost. I did some Eye Doctor work. See the next pane for that. And I ran on a contrast mask on the bird's face. Ideal would be to do the work on the TIFF file :) Can you see that the eye looks much better in the repost?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

9. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Working very large, I painted a Quick Mask of the pupil with the dark part of the iris just in front of the pupil. Then I moved it to the left to center the pupil. Then, still working large, I worked sparingly with the Clone Stamp Tool on both the iris and the pupil. Than I used Tim Grey Dodge and Burn to lighten the iris and darken the pupil.

Everything mentioned above and tons more is covered in detail in the BIRDS AS ART Current Workflow e-Guide (Digital Basics II), an instructional PDF that is sent via e-mail. Learn more and check out the free excerpt in the blog post here.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

I understand that some folks consider this "dirty pool,", i.e, unethical. I would not enter the image with the improved eye in a contest, but I sure would make a print of it :)

with love, artie

11. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes,for sure the eye has improved
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    First, here is the repost. I did some Eye Doctor work. See the next pane for that. And I ran on a contrast mask on the bird's face. Ideal would be to do the work on the TIFF file :) Can you see that the eye looks much better in the repost?

with love, artie

13. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image very much, I like the fine detail. You may wish to consider taking blue out of the bird, the black feathers look even better detailed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is wonderful image. Love the detail and exposure. Background is perfect. Don't really care about the angles head since everything else is spot-on
    on the bird is so awesome!

16. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post