Thread: Red-capped Robin/2

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red-capped Robin/2

Attached Images Attached Images

I gave up on that last one. A learning experience not realizing how quickly reds can blow, a shot messed up for the sake of a little -ev. Anyway here's another from the same session, not quite as critically sharp but maybe the reds are a bit better.
    1DXII 400mm F/2.8L II & 2XIII 800mm 1/400 f10 iso800 HH
    Slight red & orange luminance adjustment in DPP4 cropped and sharpened in PS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks alright to me Colin. We sometimes forget that some Aussie birds have that metallic sheen in good light, it can be hard to tame the colours. The perch is typical of the habitat it frequents.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

These little birds are so pretty.
    I love the BG color against that red breast.Reds are still a bit hot but not a deal breaker for me.
    Just wish for a better HA.
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Much, much better on the REDs. But you need to teach those guys to turn their heads a bit toward you just before you press the shutter button ... 2-3 degrees toward is generally excellent. Actually, being aware of head angle in the field will help you improve. Make one image and then either wait for the head turn or make a very soft squeaky sound ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

ps: I love the BKGR here and the perch is a big improvement from the first one.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all. Actually I am always conscious of head angle before pressing the shutter but these little fellows are very fidgety, always looking around for their next morsel, re-positioning on the perch and frequently dropping to the ground to collect, then back to a different perch. So it's a bit of pot luck on the HA.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Colin. Really nice shot. I haven't managed to even see one of these yet (still editing my Robin shots from Tassy). It does seem to me to be a little over sharpened? Really like the composition. Cheers.