Thread: Theme - White Stork

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Avian Theme - White Stork

Name:  DSC_6708_1200_1000.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  419.1 KB

White stork is a winter migrant to our country.
    It was a sunny day when I captured this image.
    Taken this mage using Nikon d750 + 600mm + 1.4 TC III

Thanks for looking and welcoming your feedback.

High resolution image can be seen here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/udayak...posted-public/

Thanks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Again Udaya, I like the simplicity of this image. I would definitely consider a crop from the bottom. The image quality, fine feather detail, and sharpness seem somewhat suspect to me though the larger version does look a better (but not great). Let's see what others say.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I first though this looked soft then i looked at your flickr link and that is pretty sharp. Must be the compression on this site. The Placement of the bird in the frame is nice.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    I first though this looked soft then i looked at your flickr link and that is pretty sharp. Must be the compression on this site. The Placement of the bird in the frame is nice.
    Yes. My images are not sharp when uploading in the forum. But original image looks really sharp in my computer.
    Can you help me what image size is best for this forum?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Udaya Kumar Balasubramanian View Post
    Yes. My images are not sharp when uploading in the forum. But original image looks really sharp in my computer.
    Can you help me what image size is best for this forum?
    Udaya, There is a great article and discussion here.

If you prepare your images properly, there should not be any issues with image sharpness or quality. That said, even the larger version of this image did not look great. Better but not great.

with love, arite
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I too like the simplicity here, and also agree with a crop form the bottom. Additionally, and only to clean up the upper edge, I would clone (or whatever other tool) over the dark band creeping in along the top. I love the bird, and it placement towards the left edge. Nice clean grasses too. I looke at the Flickr link - the image looks like it is focused properly and most likely very sharp, but looks like it also needs that additional round of sharpening for web to pull out the fine detail more.