Threads
    Thank You Posts

Avian Bonelli's eagle

Attached Images Attached Images

This is my first post here.
    Bird of prey is my favorite subject.
    Here is the bonelli's eagle image.
    I captured this image using Nikon d750 & 600mm FL + 1.4 TC III

Thanks for looking and welcoming your feedback,critics.

Higher resolution image can be viewed here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/udayak...posted-public/
    Last edited by Udaya Kumar Balasubramanian; 09-12-2018 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Added more data.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Udaya. Your first post is very nice. I like the sharpness and the pano crop and of course, the running raptor. Thanks for the link -- there is a lot more detail in the dark tones in the larger version.

The big problem here is that the bird is too far back in the frame; do you have more room behind the bird?

I look forward to seeing more of your images and to your joining the ranks of regulars here on BPN. We have lots of very fine Indian photographers as members.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice frame. Love the walking/running pose really lets you see how big those legs are. Neat looking bird.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty neat to see a raptor running along the grass like that! I agree a bit more room behind would be good. The bit of greenery just above the leg also catches by eye, so if you are OK with it you could remove it via a number of processing tools (clone/patch/content aware/combination of those)

Welcome to BPN, looking forward to more from you!!

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Pretty neat to see a raptor running along the grass like that! I agree a bit more room behind would be good. The bit of greenery just above the leg also catches by eye, so if you are OK with it you could remove it via a number of processing tools (clone/patch/content aware/combination of those)

Welcome to BPN, looking forward to more from you!!

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes. I will remove the greenery. I wonder how I didnt notice that.

Thanks.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice shot indeed, I would consider a tad more sharpening on the bird just to see the difference.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN. Really unique and fun raptor image! Great to see it running like this. As a side note I recently was in Spain and spent quite a bit of time trying to find this species but didn't have any luck. I would prefer a little more room to the right of the bird so if this is a crop I would loosen it some. Would be nice to have somewhere between 2 and 3 times as much space on the right as what is there now. Also another yes to a bit more sharpening on the birds head area. Maybe try selecting the head and neck and smart sharpen at 70% and .3 radius and see if that does the trick. Really looking forward to more of your shots...