Thread: Painted Hunter !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Painted Hunter !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

This is the first time i had an opportunity to see these beautiful Dogs in the wild and believe me like any of you who have seen them previously, i too was in awe of their beauty, power, and exceptional team work. It pains me to see their plight and I can't believe that we will loose them if more steps are not taken to get them out of their endangered status.

Going by my previous post their was an issue with the blacks being strong and so i have tried to take care of that aspect here , I hope it is not looking thin. I feel it has more details here than another version which i processed which looked strong to me in the black areas inspite of the histogram not giving any blinkies. I also feel i should have gone for 7.1 or 8 to get the ears more sharp. The body I feel was slightly angled and hence would have been similar even I would have stopped down. These are hard to get subjects as they are always on the move and hence the techs can be a bit here and there sometimes.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2018, WB, shadows , curves, selective colour, Sharpening, reduced contrast, cropped slightly from top,bottom and rhs.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm @ 560mm.

1/1600, f/6.3, iso 400.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,
    The more I look at this frame the more I like it

A well exposed and processed image. Beautiful detail where it matters (especially eyes and nose) and the expression from the WD is great. Background is superb. Nice techs - good choice of DoF. Framing works well.

At first I thought the orange/yellow in the fur was a tad too much but looking at some of my images I realise that the colours vary tremendously.

Would be really pleased to have this in my folders

Congratulations - wonderful work!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beautiful image really well processed imo. The one eye is so beautifully exposed that it is a pity about the shadow over the other. I agree that are so hard to photograph because they never sit still

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice portrait you've captured here. The details looks quite good. Great background as well.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - I'm glad you finally got a chance to see WD in the wild. Some of my most memorable sightings have been of WD and it is always exciting. The blacks on the shaded side are still a bit heavy, you could bring out some detail if you opened them slightly. I also thought the oranges were a bit too much but you were there. I would prefer the head to be less centered in the frame and also a sliver more room above.

TFS,
    Rachel

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post