Thread: Dangerously Cute !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dangerously Cute !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone , thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated !

Here is another one from the sighting which i posted earlier .

This time the cub was all so protective about its food that it was ready to fight with its siblings. I liked the way it is protecting the kill and at the same time ready to fend of any attack in sight. cloned out a few grass blades on the body of WB which were shimmering but left the one in the FG as removing them makes the frame very sterile in that area.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2018, WB, curves, levels, selective colour, colour balance, cropped from top and bottom slightly , Sharpening .

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm f4 L IS USM @ 560mm, Bean Bag.

ss 1/2000, f/5.6, iso 2000.

All your comments and suggestions are most welcome and highly appreciated.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This little guy looks pretty serious. The pose is neat with him on the kill and the light is quite nice as well. Like the composition here.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Definitely a cuteness factor here. An even lower pov would have really taken this over the top but I am guessing it wasn't possible (unless you could have moved further away). Nice light and techs look good. Love the blood on the claws.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb,totally agree with your title. This is really nice moment captured perfectly.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

And I thought you were going to share another 'Tigger' Haseeb, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo...

I liked the way it is protecting the kill and at the same time ready to fend of any attack in sight.
    YEP, loving this, great natural perch and the 'inquisitive' look is priceless, just peering over and I like the small hint of blood on the paw - neat. I also feel the POV/angle just works, with enough elevation and inclusion of the partial leg helps, but I might crop a fraction off the RHS where the cub ends and meets the back of the Buff. Good call in retaining the FG grass, I just wonder if it needs a tad more below, if you have it? Hard to tell on the laptop, but if I'm right, I think you could play with the light a bit more, lights & darks to add a fraction more interest.

Hope you are loving the kit Haseeb, a nice combination and gives flexibility, good techs with enough SS if the cub moved. I'll send you a snap of a bit off kit you might like to consider when I'm back home, may help and you can fit it to the 'gypsy', I picked mine up in SA the other month.

TFS
    Steve

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Rachel, John, Jay and Steve , your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

@Rachel : There was no chance to go any lower , there were lions all around and very close to the vehicle.

@ Steve: Will post a Tiger image soon. As far as this image goes I certainly could have played with the lights and dark but was somehow conservative. Will try playing with the light and the crop suggestion as well. Also there is some more space in the FG .

Since i got the 200-400, the 500 is becoming of no use for me when it comes to mammals. Great flexibility and produces fantastic results as well.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot, I like the composition as is. the rendition of the fur is excellent, colours look good too. The bloody nose and claws belie the innocence!

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Since i got the 200-400, the 500 is becoming of no use for me when it comes to mammals. Great flexibility and produces fantastic results as well.
    As you build your kit, there are always 'favourites' Haseeb, however the 500 is still my 'workhorse' and would need to be surgically removed if I had to ever let it go, but also great for that extra bit of reach when you need it. If you have a second body hen have it attached to the 500 with a 1.4, or a short wide angle, keeps your shooting options open.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jonathan! , much appreciated.

@ Steve : exactly what I am doing using the second 1DX for either 500mm or 24-105. I too like the 500 but didn’t quite had an opportunity to use it on my last two trips .

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb ...well done .
    Works for me on all counts and the title does fit well !!!
    Lovely color palette and i do love the protective expression in the cubs face !!!!!
    Very nice job ..Haseeb.
    TFS Andreas

No way around the 500 ....

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas.