Thread: Triplets

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Triplets

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was taken from my deck across the Kankakee River. I saw a couple fawns playing in the early morning. Then the 3rd one joined in. As they all gathered closer together I coughed and the results were all three looking up to hear the sound. I did a 5 shot burst and got this great shot. But wait there's more. The photo remained in the D850 for a few days as I was using the D500 for humming birds. I got confused and decided to delete the XQD card on the D850 for some reason and oops, there went the images. I kew I had some good shots on that card but now figured I would never know. After some internet searches I found Sony's recovery software, purchased a XQD card reader and 2 hours later had my photos back. Yahoo.
    This photo is heavily cropped, probably 60% as it was a long way away. Thanks god for all those D850 pixels.
    D850
    200-500mm
    390mm
    f 5/6
    1/500th
    Iso 500
    Last edited by Mike Quigley; 08-27-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one a lot. Nice you caught them right on the edge of the water. The environment here is quite lovely. I have been photographing some does and fawns. This was a shot i really wanted to get. But things never lined up to get all three of them together at once.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike -- Nice to see you posting here in Wildlife forum. A nice scene and i liked the symmetry with all of them looking towards the camera.

I feel you should have included more of the habitat by allowing complete reflection and some more space in front of them. Cant comment on the colours as not on a properly calibrated monitor as of now but appears a bit saturated. Highlights look clipped to me especially on the neck of the middle deer. IQ has been affected by the big crop and hence it would have been better to go for a wider perspective. SS is a bit on the lower side considering you could have easily upped that iso , D850 is pretty good with that.

But a nice scene and would definitely like to see more from you.

TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Triplets redone

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, I took your advice and changed the crop to include more reflection. What do you think?