Thread: Green Heron Fishing

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green Heron Fishing

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this at JN "Ding Darling" NWR on Sanibel Island yesterday. Not many birds. Used my Sony Alpha 100 with a Sigma 50-500 lens f/6.3 1/160 ISO 400 at 500mm 0ev. This is full frame. Any cropping seemed to make to it too tight. What do you think? Thanks for looking, John

chad anderson

I wouldn't crop it. Colors look a little washed here and the angle could be better if it were from eye level. You might want to work with the histogram a little to get richer colors, which is an easy fix.

Judy Lynn Malloch

I like the alert pose and reflection but agree a lower angle would strengthen this image and as already mentioned the color seems to have a blue cast to it on my monitor. Many thanks for sharing John.

Ken Watkins

Very nice indeed.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your comments. I couldn't get any lower as I was up on the bank sitting on the ground. These are usually very skitish and I was only about 20 feet away. If I tried to go lower down the bank I'm sure he would take flight. When I slowly got up to move back,He did just that. I am having the hardest time getting my Canon Pixma 9000 to print as showing on the screen. I need to get a good calibrating program. It looked fine on my monitor, but when I printed it todayit did come out a lot bluer.
    Thanks again all,
    John

Threads
    Thank You Posts

These guys are rather skittish up here too. I probably would have taken the photograph too for my personal files because of their normally unapproachable nature. Agreed with above posters' comments.

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the pose, open bill and reflection. Angle and colors have been mentioned. Keep them coming!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost

Attached Images Attached Images

Is this better?