Thread: One Kiss is all it takes...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default One Kiss is all it takes...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all, This months theme is going great guns! Here is another one from me. It may not be up there with the best (due to late morning light) but a nice moment which I thought I will share.
    5D IV
    500mm
    1/2000
    f/8
    ISO 800

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev -- What a nice moment indeed !The light is definitely not helping here and also the details are not quite there . Is this a big crop ? I might come down from the top for a more pano frame, not sure if the IQ permits. Techs are good and the little one in the BKG adds to the frame. Lets see what others have to say. TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute moment, well documented, despite the harsh-ish light here Sanjeev.

Haseeb has some good suggestions, and would reduce the sharpness a tad on the pair, but personally happy with the image quality, granted the conditions.

TFS

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - It looks like a lot of your nice sightings on your recent trip were unfortunately in harsher light. A nice tender moment here and I also like the cub peeking out from the tall grass in the bg. Looks like s/he may be ready to pounce and join the fun. Good suggestions by Haseeb. If it were mine I might reduce the reds slightly.

TFS,
    Rachel

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev I think you have the problem I have! When you open the file in LR or ACR and set camera raw defaults do you have a strong Tint value? I ask because the greens look a bit washed out and the lion looks a little orange.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev:)

How many characters are hiding there in the grass, looks like more than one pair of ears to me?

Very sweet moment well captured. Unusual framing but it works, feels as if the protagonists are about to walk out of the screen and onto my desk!

In terms of colour the lioness and cub look fine to me despite the slightly saturated look. The FG I think might need a bit of work - or perhaps the faint red stains towards the RHS are from the kill, was it nearby?

Those two white "blobs" in the FG... Not sure what they are, one is situated between the hind legs of the lioness and the other at the bottom of the frame, should your ethics permit you might wish to remove them.

A lovely image overall - good techs, nice DoF, sharpness is there, pose is priceless. Thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea