Thread: The mob

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The mob

Attached Images Attached Images

A mob of grey Kangaroos taken in the course of my work recently in late afternoon.
    1DXII 400mm F/2.8L II & 2XIII 800mm 1/1600 f10 iso800
    Cropped as pano in PS, and light sharpen. Crop the rhs part roo or not?

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Collin,

A fun image and it put a smile on my face - I did not know those chaps hang around in such great numbers?!

Was wondering what I would do with this frame if it were mine so I took the liberty to play around a bit. Straightened it and dropped exposure, saturated the sky and added a tiny vignette, cloned out vegetation in the ULC.

Maybe too many changes for your taste and I do realise those tweaks of mine have introduced some noise. I just wanted to emphasise the shapes of the subjects and turn them into silhouettes, just a different version

Thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Colin -- I liked what you have tried to achieve and indeed a fun image . Gabriela's RP has taken it in the right direction as i feel that giving it more form has definitely made this frame more appealing. Likewise the colours in the cloud are also helping this frame. enjoyed viewing this one.

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments and re-post, that was a small proportion of the whole mob. I like your work Gabriela, what I posted was just how I saw it at the time including the sloping ridgeline.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Colin - Quite a mob of roos. To answer your question I would crop our the one on the rhs. You have the space to create a clean edge so I would. One thing I look for with silhouettes though is for the animals to have greater separation from the hill or ridge so here where they are not clear of the hill and bush I actually like the bit of detail you have included in the op to give them that bit of separation. I understand where Gabriela wanted to go (and watch out for the halos too) but I prefer the op.

TFS,
    Rachel

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image Colin the total silhouette offers a different perspective but I like the original, I think I would eliminate the RHS roo, but leave the tree in.