Thread: Pampering !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pampering !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post , much appreciated.

Here is my contribution to this months theme , youngsters .

This is the same female whose image i have posted in my last post. She is raising a litter of 4 cubs currently and this image was taken back in march 2018 so i hope they are still doing good since the parks are closed here in India for the Monsoon season.

Image taken in very low light , late in the evening. These are the kind of moments which are very hard to come especially with a tiger , so another lifer for me. Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions.

DPP 4.8, CC2018, WB, inc the exp, shadows, curves, vib/sat, selective colour, NR, Sharpening, no cropping.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4IS II, Bean bag.

ss 1/800, iso 8000, f/4.0.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, I was going to refrain from posting until others added their thoughts, but it's a cool moment.

I quite like the framing, a bit more below would have been nice, however I guess you hadn't the 'Big glass' by then which would have given you the flexibility here? For me, the shallow DoF may not have been ideal, I probably may have pushed the ISO even more to gain a tad more, however without seeing the RAW I could be wrong. On the laptop the B&W's look a bit 'contrasty', ie black although not clipped just appear a bit heavy, the whites could perhaps have a touch of some tonal curve, but reserve this as it could be the laptop. The 500 has given you the angle and the bokeh which I do like, maybe get a bit more tonal range in the FG.

Nicely timed with the tongue licking the cub with the cub looking on, personally I might come in on the LHS to loose the darker element about half way up, but not a deal breaker.

If I do a RP I will send it rather than posting.

These are the kind of moments which are very hard to come especially with a tiger , so another lifer for me.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Congrats on getting this one. What a tender and cute moment. The road works as a nice leading line, bringing us into the image. Love the eye contact from the cub. The whites, except for the whiskers, look a little dull. I might try to brighten/clean them slightly if it were mine. The high ISO and small dof has affected the detail but still a shot I would love to capture one day. Just wish there weren't the crowds and frenetic activity that we hear about at the sightings.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very sweet moment you have captured here. Image quality looks good for the high ISO. The composition is nice and like how the tigers are big in the frame.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Rachel, Steve and John.

I was a bit reluctant to stop down as it would have hampered the ss which was very critical with the cubs in playful mood. As per your email the FG is definitely better , something to look around with the next image from this series. Whites , i think i was a bit cautious of not getting it very bright hence subdued it in PP.

@ Rachel : It was a very special sighting as we spent a long time with the family after almost trying for nearly 4 months to see the cubs. But when the female came out in the open , guess what ? the ploace got crowded with cars but fortunately being a very narrow curve we the tigress was right in front of us with just one other vehicle and the rest were glancing from the bushes.

9. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, superb interaction well captured despite the low light. Tender moment and great to have them looking towards you. Cheers!

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE]
    I was a bit reluctant to stop down as it would have hampered the ss which was very critical with the cubs in playful mood. As per your email the FG is definitely better , something to look around with the next image from this series. Whites , i think i was a bit cautious of not getting it very bright hence subdued it in PP.
    I'll send you some thoughts Haseeb.

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Haseeb, this is truly a special image - what a lovely tender moment you have captured here!

Lovely frame, I really cannot see any noise at ISO 8000, if you've performed some noise reduction then it's done very well. Framing looks good and pose from those two is superb. That look from the little cub is too precious - nice timing!

I see you've bee talking to Steve and perhaps considering some more work on this frame, surely worth the time and effort because it's awesome. So I am looking forward to an RP if you think you can improve on this.

Would be more than happy to have this in my folders - wonderful work, and thank you so much for sharing - I so enjoyed viewing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

14. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post