Thread: Atelopus sp.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Atelopus sp.

Hello now I have a better understanding of the forum. Here is a standard frog portrait shot with a canon 5diii, 100mm f/2.8, two 600 flashes, and tripod. F/10 1/50 ISO 200 NO crop. This CR endangered species was one of the main targets from the same expedition. This is one of the last known wild populations of this species. We ended up finding two males. Now looking back I wish I had taken a couple more creative shots but I was so happy to see this species all I could think of was trying to capture a solid ID shot on a leaf, how they are found in the wild. It was easy to get creative with the last image I posted b/c they live in cool bromiliads so there was more to work with. I think it would have helped if the subject was a bit more profiled and if I was able to get lower to not have the leaf cut through the subject. Lastly, I'm working with biologist who work in these regions. I do not go out looking for CR animals without proper guidance/individuals/organizations working to protect these amazing subjects.

Atelopus "wampucrum" by MUCHMORE DESIGN LLC., on Flickr

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Everything looks good to me. Nice pose and nice detail. Great background. You can post up to 1920.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jim,
    Critical focus looks spot on to me. A really interesting subjet here. A nice background too. Well done.
    Allen

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you!