Thread: Stone Arch Bridge (Mpls, MN)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Stone Arch Bridge (Mpls, MN)

A favorite nightime city scapes place to shoot in Minneapolis, MN. The Stone Arch Bridge was built in 1883 by railroad tycoon James Hill for his Great Northern Railway and accessed the former passenger station located about a mile to the west, on the west bank of the river. The structure is now used as a pedestrian/bicycle bridge.

Nikon D200 ~ Nikkor 24-85mm F/2.8-F4
    ISO 100 ~ 25 sec exposure

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Mike,
    very cool! As i am a creature of the night this one really works for me. That is one beautiful bridge!

Alfred Forns

Outstanding image Mike !!!! I'm sure you have done this image a few time !!!! Big Congrats !!!!

Robert Amoruso

Great composition and exposure Mike. Love it.

Maxis Gamez

Outstanding image Mike. Very nice compositing and exposure.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning image. At least one good thing comes from Mn. GO PACK GO!!! lol sorry had to go there. ;)

Sharna

Gus Cobos

Excellent Mike,
    This is one fantastic image...I like the star burst effects on the lights...:cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharna Lee View Post
    Stunning image. At least one good thing comes from Mn. GO PACK GO!!! lol sorry had to go there. ;)

Sharna
    Ha ha!! First thanks everybody for the very nice comments!
    Now how 'bout them Packers... no more Brett Favre interceptions to cost them a game eh? ;)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

LOL Mike!
    We now have BOOTY! How about them apples eh? And we still have Rogers who is pretty darn good too. :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for being a good sport about this. I hoped you wouldn't get upset. :D

Sharna

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharna Lee View Post
    LOL Mike!
    We now have BOOTY! How about them apples eh? And we still have Rogers who is pretty darn good too. :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for being a good sport about this. I hoped you wouldn't get upset. :D

Sharna
    I can tell your just having fun and I appreciate that actually. :) I'm actually a season ticket holder and have somewhat raised expectations in the following years for the purple. Our defensive front four should be the best in all of football and its argueable that we have the best RB in Adrian Peterson in the league (apologies to L.T.)
    The Lions are always miserable, the Bears have somehow done a huge faceplant and the packers are about to go through a big transition at a very valuable position... QB..... so I like Minny's chances atleast within the division. Remember nobody gave the Giants a chance against the patriots last year and look what happened. ;)

Roman Kurywczak

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lentz View Post
    I Our defensive front four should be the best in all of football
    Only because Michael Strahan retired!

Remember nobody gave the Giants a chance against the patriots last year and look what happened. ;)
    Only the people from the Mass. area didn't give the Giants a chance. We had one wild super bowl party here in Jersey!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Only the people from the Mass. area didn't give the Giants a chance. We had one wild super bowl party here in Jersey!
    I for one was happy when Plexiglass hauled in the late TD to seal the deal. I always route for Minnesota or whomever is playing the Packers... blah ha ha!:D;) The Patriots fans already have enough Lombardi Trophies anyways, however I doubt they think its enough. :cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I for one was happy when Plexiglass hauled in the late TD to seal the deal.
    I always route for Minnesota or whomever is playing the Packers... blah ha ha!:D;)
    The Patriots fans already have enough Lombardi Trophies anyways, however I doubt they think its enough. :cool:

hahahaha I know that was a rib shot lol. My doctor is a Minny fan and I always tell him the same thing. I'm a packer fan or whomever is playin' The Vikes. LOL

I Cheered so loud when the Giants beat the Cheaters. LOL Oh did I say that out loud? hahaha.

As you can tell I do watch the game. Not many women do and understand it. I do both. Just over a month for preseason. muahahahaha. :D:D:D:D:D

George DeCamp

That is one gorgeous image!!!
    I might be tempted to crop out the black space on the right up to the bricks. However that is a coin flip.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by George DeCamp View Post
    That is one gorgeous image!!!
    I might be tempted to crop out the black space on the right up to the bricks. However that is a coin flip.
    Thanks George. No chance I'll crop it up to the bricks, the shot is as much to do with the reflection as anything else. I can't tell you how many times that I went down there only to have busy water and a bad reflection. :(

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

DOH!!! You meant from the right side, not the bottom! :o You might be onto something there! Good eye!

George DeCamp

DOH!!! You meant from the right side, not the bottom! :o You might be onto something there! Good eye!
    Yes, the little dead space on the right. Like I said though either way a winner of a image!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike,
    I went night shooting last week and got some fabulous shots of bridges and downtown Miami, but this shot is just awesome!! I'll post one of mine for your enjoyment. Thanks for posting this one!