Thread: Inkwe 2 !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Inkwe 2 !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ! Thank you for all your C&C's on my previous post , much appreciated .

Here is another image from the same Leopard sighting which I posted earlier . A nice look towards the camera which i liked here and of course the beautiful cat itself. Cropped from the top slightly and from the bottom as well. I could have cropped further from the base to remove the sunlit grasses but i liked the flame like glow and also the colours complementing each other at the top and bottom of the frame . Looking forward for your comments and suggestions of any nature .

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2018 (Finally Steve ), WB, selective colour, curves , levels, cloned a couple of twigs ( one running right behind its head ) , sharpening .

Canon 1dX MK II, Canon 200-400mm f4 IS II, FL@376mm, bean bag.

ss 1/2000, f/4.0 ( had f/7.1 would have been a better choice ? intention was to get as blurred a BKG as possible hence the choice of f/4), ISO 3200.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

PSCC 2018 (Finally Steve)
    Well done, it's just crazy to have all the gear and not up to date Software Haseeb!

Absolutely stunning Haseeb, fantastic light, great pose. Personally I would have still gone to f/5.6 as it would still have retained the bokeh background. Your call but I might just darken the BKG and also remove the vertical twig. now I think you have work on working with the light and giving your subject a bit more 3D. Nice to see some warm light, it was -4 where I was in SA.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have very fine portrait here. Perfect pose and love those eyes. Well done.

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - This is a beautiful image of a beautiful leopard. I much prefer the comp here to the other image. PP looks good. Because it is within your ethics to clone, then why not clone the stalk coming out of the back as well? DOF looks ok. If she is sitting still like this for a little bit then I would probably try to shoot at a few different apertures to see what I liked best later.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image Haseeb and I really like the way you composed this. Regal pose from the subject and eye contact just superb!

Nice detail and sharpness, good IQ. I can just imagine what you could do with that BG, worth spending a little more time on this

Wish it was mine Truly a beautiful image, so enjoyed viewing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the attentive pose and overall colour/habitat with nice detail here Haseeb, agree on removing the vertical stick from it's back if your ethics allow, as that does dominant here.

TFS

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's a very fine looking cat Haseeb,really well caught against that lovely bkg . I might have actually kept more at the base mate, I like that effect of the top and base echoing each other

No nits really Haseeb a wonderful image of a wonderful animal

TFS

stu

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and kind words of appreciation . Should have cloned out that stick as well .

@ Steve -4 ! I was lucky to escape with a min temp of 3 while i was in Botswana .

@ Rachel : Nice suggestion reg trying different apertures but unfortunately didnt had an opportunity during this sighting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful cat in lovely light Haseeb! Nice look to camera, nice details and sharpness. Another vote to get rid of the stick. TFS.

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beautiful capture of this stunning leopard, Haseeb. Spectacular light, and excellent detail.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

18. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Sanjeev and Geoffrey , much appreciated !