Thread: Playboys

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Playboys

Attached Images Attached Images

A couple of elephant bulls in the act at Ngorongoro crater amidst a myriad other wildlife.
    5DIII
    100mm
    1/1250
    f/8
    ISO 800

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - A nice crater scene. Looks like the light wasn't on your side here but you've brought out some good texture in the hides, particularly of the bottom ele. This might be a good image to play with dehaze on the bg in very limited amounts as it is powerful. I would also consider darkening the greens of the grasses if it were mine. I do wish the rim of the crater wasn't intersecting the head.

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev -- This is some image, and shot @100mm, Wow ! Must be quite close. Liked the details in the ele and the light handled quite well. To me the image appears slightly thin, especially the lower male. Overall looks nice to me. I too would have tried to avoid that intersecting line of the crater but easily said then done.

TFS !
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 07-14-2018 at 05:00 AM.

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I do like the craterscape here Sanjeev, and agree on a small amount of dehaze to extract some rim detail. Would also have liked a wider perspective if you have it.

TFS

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb badar View Post
    especially the female.
    Haseeb, I believe these are both bulls, (as Sanjeev indicates) when one mounts the other it's a display of dominance, and not that unusual when 2 males are sparring.

7. Thanks haseeb badar, Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always great to capture animals interacting - very well done Sanjeev! Indeed those must be two males displaying dominance, an aspect of behaviour that can be observed among other species too, like buffalo, giraffe, wildebeest etc.

My first impression on opening the thumbnail is that the elephants are a little too dark. I believe the image is consistent with the actual lighting conditions in which it was taken, just wish that more detail was visible on the dominant male and especially his face.

Good framing and nice colours, would be interested to see if the BG can be improved by using Dehaze as per Rachel and Marc - should you have the time and inclined to do an RP, kindly share with us?

What I like most here - apart from the behavioural aspect - is how the subjects fill the frame and those tiny animals peppered in the BG. Comp works for me. An interesting image and I enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

@ Marc -- Thanks for correcting me , made the necessary correction in my comment.

11. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The interaction is neat. Like the background here with the animals and the mountains.