Thread: Puffed-up LBR

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Puffed-up LBR

Attached Images Attached Images

I would have preferred the typical clean (viewed to be 'good') background but this was on offer so I took it.

A Lilac-breasted Roller puffed up against the cold of a chilly winters morning. I can shoot these birds a thousand times and still not get used to their awesome color mix.

D600 + Tamron 150-600 G2 @ 600mm
    f/6.3 | 1/1250s | 500 ISO | Handheld
    PS Content Aware Fill used to remove a twig just crossing the edge of the bird's chest.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Toby, beautiful bird, wonderful colors. I might lower the exposure and highlights a bit but would have to work with the image to see how that would look. Your correct regarding the background, good to capture a image like this and then look for another that is better. Sometimes if you move right, left, up or down you can find a opening for a clean background but it doesn't appear possible in this case. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks Tobie Schalkwyk thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd be photographing these guys quite a lot as well if we had these over here! Great colours. As you point out, the background is not ideal, and the face seems a touch soft - it looks like critical focus was on the body.

5. Thanks Tobie Schalkwyk thanked for this post