Thread: When A Celeb Walks !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default When A Celeb Walks !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone !

Sorry for not posting as i had been again travelling and this time it was Botswana. Now i have a lot of images to process from my two recent trips . A lot of catching up to do as well, i missed a lot of great images posted here on the wildlife forum .

Would love to post for this months theme and following in Gabriela's and Steve's path, i too am posting an image for this month's theme from my archives. Taken this image six year ago with my old equipment but processed with the new honed skills in PP learned from this forum .

DPP 4.5, CS6, WB, selective colour, curves, colour balance, cropped from the bottom, cloned out the fence (for grass cultivation) from the BKG.

1/1250 sec; f/5.6; ISO 400

Canon 7D, Canon 300mm f4 IS II.

All your C&C's are most welcome and much appreciated.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Welcome back! What a fun image for the theme and well worth going back to the archives. I'm sure if you were shooting this today you would go for a bit more dof to have some of the deer sharper too. I like the placement of the tiger in the frame, the walking pose and that you have clean edges (no partial animals.). The bird is a bonus too. Looking forward to seeing some from you recent trip.

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome back Haseeb

So glad you went back to those archives, often there's a gem here and there, a frame worth revisiting. And I really like this, so much to look at. Framing is great and so is the BG with those lovely trees, the tiger really stands out among all other characters.

Love the behaviour aspect with the bokkies/antelope going forward to investigate. Colours look good and the Celebrity is sharp, just wish he was a bit lower in the frame but nothing you could do about it:)

Cannot wait to see your images from Botswana, hope you have some time this week-end to process one or two, so looking forward to your next post!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That tiger must not be hungry. The walking pose and placement of the tiger is nice. The deer in the background are a bonus.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty amazing shot, Haseeb. Easy to see who is in charge here. I like the disinterest from the tiger versus the opposite from the deer (?). The only technical observations I'd make about this is that it doesn't look really crisp although I'm not sure whether adding a little more output sharpening would be going too far. Also, the colour looks a little odd - slightly warm even though clearly a middle-of-the-day shot. Maybe that's how it was.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone ! Yes, it really is great to revisit some old images.

@ Glen -- The colours were more in line with the image as the dry scape often yields verwy warm tones , though i have tried to reduce that effect.

And will surely be posting images from my recent trip.

Thank you once again.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb welcome back, a fine image for the theme and the landscape with the animals depicts our forests well. Nice colours and the framing works well.

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post