Thread: Rosy starling

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Rosy starling

Attached Images Attached Images

This is my summer of rosy starlings. My first time with them since I discovered wildlife photography. I hope you enjoy this fellow as much as I did.
    Thanks,
    Kalin

Edit:
    Sorry, I forgot to post the tech details:
    Nikon D3
    VR 300mm f/2.8G+1.4TC
    Focal Length: 420mm
    f/4.5, 1/2000s, ISO 200

PP - brought out the blacks on the head. I needed to expose for the whites of the stone and the background.
    Last edited by Kalin Botev; 06-25-2018 at 09:42 AM.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kalin ,thanks for posting,different starling compared to what I have.Been nice to have some information ,camera settings etc.Looks nice to me.maybe some adjustments on the blacks around the head for more detail specifically above and below the eye.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice detail and exposure with those blacks. I would like to see a bit more room on the left side, and I would clean up the droppings (?) on the rock. Cool bird and a great image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice looking bird and perch, Kalin with a great background. However, I'm not that keen on the composition. I think the bird is too far left in this one. This could also work with a vertical crop. You didn't mention your camera or settings here. Always good to add that. Processing looks pretty good to me with good detail and tonal range. The blacks look nice and black and although missing detail in the darkest parts still seem to work. Head turn is nice and depth of field suits.