Thread: mourning dove colors...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default mourning dove colors...

Attached Images Attached Images

I love doves and always happy to look for those opportunities that really showcase their beauty. I like the wee bit of neck iridescence and the same colors in the BG, planned it that way, hahahhaaha! Of course those red feet are as pretty as ruby slippers. Taken from a blind in south Texas.

DPP, levels, sharpening, NR

1dx
    iso 800
    f 7.1
    1/1600

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ann - I agree about the beauty of the doves. I love the blue around the eye, the red at the base of the bill and legs, and the iridescence on the neck. The colors look great with this background (and foreground). Nice low pov as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another vote for the beautiful colors of doves. I have several loyal pairs of Mourning Doves at my feeders, and I marvel at their subtle tones. They also have a gorgeous shade of light blue on the top of the head, that this angle only begins to show. Lovely pose, BG, detail.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed Ann. The overall subtle colour palette and lovely mottled background as well as the excellent low POV make this really stand out. The iridescence on the neck lifts it a few notches. Beautiful detail and lovely rendering of tones testament to excellent processing. No nits from me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice Ann.
    You have a beautiful color palette in the BG that compliments the bird perfectly.
    Great IQ and POV.
    One of the hardest things in bird photography is making a common, ordinary bird look great. You have succeeded admirably!
    Gail