Thread: Cheetah at Serengeti

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cheetah at Serengeti

Attached Images Attached Images

A late morning encounter with this wonderful big cat at Central Serengeti. I was pleased as it climbed on this log to pose for us.
    5D IV
    500mm II
    1/1000
    f/8
    ISO 800
    The 5D IV 30mp files give enough room to crop and still get good IQ, I have this is a portrait format cropping out the sides and still the IQ was good. Will post that later.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice setting Sanjeev and I like the framing, but at f/8 I thought you would have better definition & detail of the head? HL's look a bit suspect on the neck, checking the Histogram would have avoided this.

The 5D IV 30mp files give enough room to crop and still get good IQ, I have this is a portrait format cropping out the sides and still the IQ was good. Will post that later.
    Indeed, but if time allowed you should have shoot both ways then you benefit from all the lovely IQ rather than throwing it all away. Unless there is a time restraint like Jon & I had with the seal, you are always best to shoot both ways getting what you want 'in the bag first.'

As per my last comment Sanjeev, you need to start to hone your PP skills to do justice to both you and that camera body, a slight tweak of the WB so it's less cold and get some colour back in will do your capture justice.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - An elegant pose from the cheetah. I agree with Steve that the hls look recovered. The op is a bit flat. Steve's rp has improved the colors.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Super framing here and pose from this beautiful cheetah. The log fills the frame nicely and adds good balance.

I like Steve's tweaks, a lot. His RP makes me realise once again how important WB is, and I love the warmth there because it changes completely the mood and feel of the scene.

Would have been nice to have a bit more detail on the nose and I believe you can deal with those HL to some extent, to me it looks like you did not try to recover at all

Keep them coming, Sanjeev - always a pleasure to view

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great capture, Sanjeev. Wonderfull pose from this beauty on the fallen tree. Like the amount of softness in the BG. I also like the work Steve did in the repost.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose on the cheetah it looks very alert. The tree it is standing on is a plus.