Thread: Lions

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lions

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,
    I had a good trip to Tanzania and got some nice images. Lots of birds and mammals to marvel at in the crater and serengeti.
    Here is one from the latter. Traded my 7D II for a 5D iV body. Set the main subject a bit lower in the frame to include the hidden sleepy lion in URC.
    5D IV
    500mm II L
    1/2000
    f/7.1
    ISO 800

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, I would go more pano and loose the tree bits above. Love the flies, but the lioness looks flat, no texture in the coat/fur, just a hint in the chest, now this is where I question the focus of the 5D4. I think you could have afforded to drop the SS, likewise on the shrike too.

TFS
    Steve

PS I would reduce the © line it's a bit big

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev those flies would drive me NUTZ How are you mate ?Tis a lovely frame !! " Her Majesty Lounging out" You had a wonderful trip Sanjeev,apologies for my absence

Sanjeev,if one is to include the top lioness I sort of want more to the RHS of her. I might have taken the whole right if I wanted her to feature as well as that fearsome gaze you have of the primary subject. I see Steve's crop for the lonesome primary subject ,but I do like having the surprise top right.

Sanjeev, I think that your primary lioness' stare is so strong, neither I or my darling saw the second at first glance,. I feel many might not see the sleeping beauty at first!! I'm very interested to hear how the others feel here about this particular two subject framing.

PS, Steve.... re your comment ,could you please wack me a pm/mail about 5Div focus concerns..... please forgive if i'm slow in reply. I'm a busy bee mate,please only when you have time (thank you)

take care both

stu

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

AT first I wondered why the plural title, then I realised the image was so large and I slid it along! Good exposure and colours, I agree you could get a bit more tonal contrast in the main lioness.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree you could get a bit more tonal contrast in the main lioness.
    Jon, my question to Sanjeev is, is the RAW sharp, I think not and goes to what I said that it needs AFMA for both static and moving. It can, in part deliver sharp images, but it's the uncertainty that is the issue, as I too found out two years ago with the MKII.

Sanjeev is the RAW 100% sharp and that includes the lion top right?