Thread: Canada Warbler Branch Issues

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Canada Warbler Branch Issues

Sorry, I had problems with uploading the right image so deleted the prior thread.

Here is what I was working with - as you can see the space is there and I like the looks of the bird, the background, but not sure if I can do anything about that branch in the upper part. Perhaps I'm being too obsessive. Thanks for any feedback and help.

- Paul

Name:  z canada 10.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  333.3 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Paul, sorry you had trouble with the other thread and deleted it - I can revive it, but I see hat you've lost the OP in it.

Anyhow, this is still cropped too tight, and it would be hard to tell if there is anything to do with that branch without seeing the full uncropped image as there may be larger, better areas to borrow pixels from that we cannot see here.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Paul. What a great shot of the bird. The BG is very noisy though, even by my own lax standards, by which I mean the commonest criticism of my images is noisy BGs. There seems even to be some noise on the bird itself. Yes, the red branch is a bit distracting and it would be nice to get rid of it, too.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Hey Paul, sorry you had trouble with the other thread and deleted it - I can revive it, but I see hat you've lost the OP in it.

Anyhow, this is still cropped too tight, and it would be hard to tell if there is anything to do with that branch without seeing the full uncropped image as there may be larger, better areas to borrow pixels from that we cannot see here.
    Hi Daniel,
    Thanks for the note. Here is the image in the full frame. I really have tried everything from the patch tool, to content aware move, and it seems to have a very hard time with all of the shades of green mixed in with leaves.

Name:  z canada 15.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  418.9 KB

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Policansky View Post
    Hi, Paul. What a great shot of the bird. The BG is very noisy though, even by my own lax standards, by which I mean the commonest criticism of my images is noisy BGs. There seems even to be some noise on the bird itself. Yes, the red branch is a bit distracting and it would be nice to get rid of it, too.
    Hi David,
    Thanks, but be sure to move your browser or expand it - I noticed the posted bird is tighter cropped than is the actual photo, unless you expand the broswer size. I think there is enough room around the bird in the fuller image. Not sure why there is not a bar that wouldn't show up on the image itself.

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi again, Paul. I'm not sure that I understand your response or the lack of the bar you can move; other images seem to have them. But I was complaining about noise in the first image you presented, not the crop. The second version seems to be a bit less noisy anyway.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Policansky View Post
    Hi again, Paul. I'm not sure that I understand your response or the lack of the bar you can move; other images seem to have them. But I was complaining about noise in the first image you presented, not the crop. The second version seems to be a bit less noisy anyway.
    Thanks David, I did run a noise filter on that part of the image which I think helped a bit.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with comments already made about being a bit tight and the noise in this one. Fantastic looking bird though and I love the pose and overall setting. Also agree that the diagonal branch above the bird is unfortunate. Thanks for sharing