Thread: Lycaon Silhouette

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lycaon Silhouette

Attached Images Attached Images

Had to post something for a change...
    Life is hectic and I tried to be more active early in the year but alas, finding time to sit in front of the computer and process photos after spending most nights studying and working on assignments is a bit much for me. I hope I find my passion again after the MBA is done.

This is a photo of a Painted Dog (African Wild Dog) in the Kruger National Park in early 2015, not sure if I ever posted it here.

Techs:
    Nikon D3s
    Nikkor 500mm f4 VR
    f4.0 | 1/640 SS | ISO-200
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Morkel you you have my sympathy been there done got the T shirt ( a couple of times).
    Regarding the image I realise the shot is intended to be a silhouette, but I am a little hesitant on the total lack of detail. Not too crazy about the fuzzy area far right. i get the impression the dog is looking away from the camera this may have influenced your decision to go totally silhouette?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Morkel -- Great to have posting here at BPN. I think i have seen this image of yours previously, but not sure where . I liked the concept and its kind of working for me as well. Agree with Jon regarding that blackish area far right , a bit distracting. I would have also liked some space at the base of the frame for those virtual legs. Overall i liked this image.

TFS !