Thread: An All Stripes Frame !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default An All Stripes Frame !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone ! Thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post , much appreciated.

Here is another Terai Tiger image from Corbett. I was trying to get a frame for a while where the tigers body acts as the BKG . Well , the opportunity did came my way in trying conditions , as the tigress was continuously on the move with vehicles all around. She came close to our vehicle which resulted in this frame eventually. I would have liked some space below the chin and would have also preferred a raised hump to fill the frame with tiger only. Cropped slightly from the top and from the rhs for a frame filling image.

DPP 4.5, CS6, WB, selective colour, colour balance, levels , curves, vibrance/sat, NR ( one round ) on the body , sharpening .

Canon 1DX mK II, Canon 200-400mm (200mm focal length) f4 IS II with 1.4x T.C., Bean Bag.

1/2000 sec; f/4.0; ISO 5000

All your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent detail & colour tones here Haseeb, the rear body/BG has just about worked here, and one instance where raising your position slightly may have nearly done the job.
    Would have liked some more lower room but understand your intentions.

TFS

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You did a fantastic job considering the situation.
    Such a majestic look about this cat.
    I love the small detail with the insects (mozzies?) hovering above her head.
    TFS!

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, very pleasing frame and really creative idea and title. I would try to emulate your idea. What is red spot near bottom right? I found it a bit distracting.

You seem to like Corbett. Are tiger sightings high? I know it depends on the season. But I hear a lot abouth Ranthambore, Kabini, Bandhavgarh, but not so much about Corbett. I know weather there is generally more pleasing. I heard lots of birds as well.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, nice encounter and I like the framing, albeit a fraction tight, disengaging the TC would have helped, but all in the heat of the moment. Glad you did not clip the jaw. Perhaps going 6400 for a tad more DoF, but it looks good at this size. My only thought would to add a bit more prominence to the head and to just play with the light a bit more???? Personally I might get a bit more colour in to, but just personal tastes. Love the flies.

TFS
    Steve

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Marc, Akos , Jay and Steve .

@Jay: it was my first trip to Corbett and as far as Tigers are concerned nothing beats Ranthambore, Bandhavgarh and Tadoba at present in India. Corbett is more sort of landscapes and elephants. Tiger sightings are not as good as compared to the above mentioned parks. And that red spot is probably a leaf.

@ Steve: I liked what you have done , this gives more emphasis on the face and at the same time maintains the feel which I wanted. Will try this myself.

Thank you all once again .

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve: I liked what you have done , this gives more emphasis on the face and at the same time maintains the feel which I wanted. Will try this myself.
    Just trying see how you could 'elevate' the image without going away from your 'thinking'. Processing isn't just following one route, it's developing the capture. Glad it helped.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb I do like your thinking with the way you have cropped this it really draws my eye to the bit that matters most,the head and the eyes look absolutely fantastic,super job on this Haseeb.

Keith.

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - I like your thinking here and good to see you experimenting in the field. You could perhaps go even tighter from the top to eliminate the open space in the top right bg to have it be all tiger but it would mean losing the ears too. Steve's rp has brought out more detail and handled the whites better.

TFS,
    Rachel

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Rachel and Keith !

@ Rachel -- i did tried that crop as suggested by you but the cropped ears makes it look a bit odd.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love shots like these where the animal fills the frame and the coat pattern forms a design element.
    I think Steve's slightly darker repost works a tad better in that it focuses the face while still retaining the "stripe desing" appeal.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE