Thank You Posts

Default Theme.Hang in there.

Attached Images Attached Images

Harvest Mouse
    Nikon D4
    Nikon 300mm 2.8
    1/2500 @f7.1
    iso 1600.

Found a couple more for the theme,hope you like them and thanks for your comments and tips on my last post.Would have liked a gap between the nose and the corn stalk and maybe a sharper tail but do like the way it hangs on.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This little fella looks so focused, it's almost losing its grip. :)
    Did you have to pull back some highlights? Some of the HL details seem muddy, especially on the seed head.
    The crop is almost too square for me as well.
    I am very much enjoying your mouse images!
    TFS

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith - Love the action and pose with the mouse hanging on but foot in mid-air. It does look like you went too far in trying to recover the hls on the stalk and also maybe on the out-stretched leg/foot. Colors look better here.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose here with the outstretched/dangling leg, very comical Keith

Agree on the HL's being stretched too far, what are you PP methods here Keith?

TFS

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith, if this is a current series then I would suggest two things: shoot in less bright light condition creating issues for your brighter whites & highlights and if you are having issues with colour then a mid grey square close to the set up would help you (retained in a corner of the shot, but cropped out) similar to doing 'Pack shots'. You could then use it to achieve your starting WB.I would stick it at f/8 and move a few feet forward as there is a lot of space being cropped out loosing IQ. I still think putting the kit on a tripod would help you, but your call.Keith you have some cracking and exquisite poses that would easily get great coverage, just tighten up some of the techs and we will all help you process them.TFSSteve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the mouse Keith, colours look great, as mentioned highlights blown on the corn detract, if the opportunity for repeat arises I am sure you will really nail it!
    The pose is great love that foot exploring the fresh air!

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Keith,
    You are producing such stunners lately and I am absolutely delighted to view your images

This is a fun frame and the subject is super sweet, makes me think of a cartoon character:) Love the pose and of course that little foot in the air, techs look good, colours also.

Great advice from Steve regarding use of a grey card - I would love to use one too but not sure the mighty lions would like that Those HL are not easy to deal with but I feel you were going in the right direction - if you dealt with them by reducing brightness or dropping exposure then maybe try reduce opacity so it's not too obvious.

Cannot wait to see more, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Keith I'm heading up North again next week, perhaps I should get the 'puffer' down and do a day with you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Akos pleased you are enjoying my mice,did have trouble with that corn stem,thanks Rachel pleased you like it will try to explain my mess up with that corn stem,Thanks Marc tried different options with the corn stem,dropping exposure,burn tool,without much success as you see.Steve I will e mail you,going to the caravan this weekend but I will be in touch,thanks for your input on this.Thanks Jon will have a word soon.Gabriela thanks for your kind words and tips,very much appreciated,and your help with the other one.
    That blessed corn stem did prove a bit of a problem and did not really get an answer have done similar before without getting that muddy look as beautifully described by Akos

Keith