Thread: Ok, hold that pose.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ok, hold that pose.

Attached Images Attached Images

This is tigress Krishna. Yes, each tiger has unique stripes and guides and regulars can readily identify them. She not only was kind enough to walk towards us but come and take drink from the waterhole closest to us. And she threw one or two glances straight at the camera as if she was posign for a portrait..

Nikon D850, Nikon 70-200 mm f/2.8 lens
    1/500, f/5.6, ISO 720.

As always, comments will be most appreciated.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this a lot Jay, the look to camera, side lighting, slight open mouth and relaxing pose all enhancing nicely here, just look at the size of those paws, WOW.

TFS

3. Thanks Jay Shah thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jay, I've lost count over the last month of seeing these gorgeous and majestic animals like Arrowhead, cubs and T41 in the water and this is another cool shot.

Great to see them as they back into the water, but they love to have this 3/4 pose. Like the fact the paws are outstretched and resting on the rocks, gazing facial expression and open mouth. Looks a little flat in colour, also have you run NIK on this image? Detail looks good, but I might have tweaked the Exposure to bring some prominence to the subject. If you saw Noor whilst out on your travels and love Tigers in general, then I might have some interesting news for you, but that's for the future...

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve,

Since you commented, no more Nik. Based on the comments received on the last two posts, am trying to go light on PP ! Yes I am very interested in tigers so looking forward to your news. We did not see noor, only one of her cubs...

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jay - I love the pose and eye contact. Those paws are huge. To me the body looks a bit flat and the face a little contrasty. I took the image into PS and applied a curves layer with different opacity to the face and the body. I also burned the hls slightly on the left side of the face as viewed and opened up the blacks on the tiger and reduced the blues/cyans in the whites. All done very quickly to give you an idea. Keep them coming, this is really nice and worth the few minor adjustments to take it up a level.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Jay,

Glad to see you back in Wildlife and I love your "rock hugger" - she is so beautiful and you captured such lovely pose from her.

Just read your reply to Steve and smiling now... He also told me I did not need Nik (four years ago), and he was right

I really think you are on the right path with PP work, well done! Yes the OP might be a tad flat but as you can see with a few gentle tweaks you can bring this tigress back to life. Detail is there, no colour casts, this looks good Jay

I personally like the composition, IMO it emphasises the size of the subject and those enormous paws.

Let us see some more if you have...and thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Jay -- Somehow missed this one . Loved the settings and the relaxed pose of the beautiful tigress that she is . Very nicely done this time around , PP work looks much better . nicely done . TFS !