Thread: Tawny miner bee

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tawny miner bee

Attached Images Attached Images

Tripod, Canon 5D III Canon 180mm macro lens Manual mode ISO 3200 + 0.3 1/100 sec f11
    He was resting on a dried leaf close to ground level trying to keep out of the breeze. I think it is just about acceptably sharp, it was a cool morning and he was respiring quickly - I presume to warm up, this was the best angle I could achieve. His tail section was never going to be sharp firstly due to the plane of focus and secondly due to movement. These little blighters have been chewing up roses and all sorts of other leaves in the garden. I saw one go into its burrow - kept me waiting for an hour camera at the ready but it would not come out!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice and sharp. This works for me. May be taking out a little in bottom will help.

I like the yellow colors and the sharp eye.

Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks quite sharp to me. Great background. The fine pollen on the bee is nice.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice sharpness and detail within your DOF - especially at ISO 3200! Good job of getting detail in the blacks as well as the bright yellows. You might consider cropping some from the bottom and left to draw our attention more fully onto the bee. Very well done!