Thread: A Roseate Reflection

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Roseate Reflection

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x TC III
    ISO 640, 1/2000s, f6.3

A Roseate Spoonbill I saw at a rookery in Louisiana.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really nice pose. I like how the bird looks against the dark water. Head looks a touch soft to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Allen, I have been meaning to comment on this one for a long while ... Better late than never. I love the raised wings pose and the bird is in killer breeding plumage. Where?

For me the REDs and PINKs are too, too hot. For the repost I added 70 points of CYAN to the RED in Selective Color. Then I selected the head, ran my NIK 50/50 on that and pulled the curve up as well because the head was sort of in the dark ... I sharpened the face and did a bit of Eye Doctor work.

I will be in Memphis at the Bedford's show in AUG. I will be doing a keynote on SAT and a Photoshop session on Friday afternoon. Hope to meet you there.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the repost Artie. I’ll take another look at this based on your redo.

i saw you would be at the August expo in Memphis and I have already registered for it. Looking forward to your talk. I will introduce myself if at all possible.

p.s. This shot was taken at Jefferson Island rookery in Louisiana in late April.
    Last edited by Allen Sparks; 05-19-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Be sure to say Hi. The repost looked a lot lighter in Photoshop than it does above :(

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.