Thread: Stone Chat

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Stone Chat

Attached Images Attached Images

Whites around the head blown out. Can this be successfully corrected in LR or PS as it is a jpeg?
    All comments welcomed.

Was not expecting the bird, grabbed the nearest camera which was a Canon Powershot SX60.
    100, 1/160, F6.5, 250mm, jpeg

Cropped for presentation, slight adjustments in LR.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Robert, you are pretty limited if shot in jpeg. This looks like a big crop, image is a bit soft.
    I would also clone out the twig directly below it's beak. I hope you get another chance at it.

-Tim

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not bad for a quick shot but it does have that look of being cropped too much. I would try not to crop more than 10 % with a Powershot. You can improve this shot a lot by cloning out the branch closet to his beak all the way back to the green needles. I do think you handled the bg nicely... a beautiful wash of color! You might also try darkening the green needles so they blend a bit better with the darker bg. Also try to keep your shutter speed equal to or greater that the focal length( 250 mm) . One more thing...start shooting in Raw so much easier to work with in post processing and Raw has more color gradations. Try it! I don't think you will ever go back to jpeg.