Thread: Black-shouldered Kite...take 2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black-shouldered Kite...take 2

Attached Images Attached Images

My previous posting of this bird resulted in feedback as to it being somewhat soft. I revisited the location and the bird was again perched atop the same tree (normal behaviour for this species). I hope this is an improvement to my last photo? Thanks in advance.
    Hand-held, 400mm, f7.1, 1/1000th sec iso800, noise reduction on the background, crop/resize for the forum.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is sharper than your last one. Sounds like a good spot to keep going back to you might just keep getting better and better frames.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've got a very striking subject here Paul. You would have a better presentation if you moved back away from the bird to take your shot. You could help give this image (as taken) the impression of that distancing by cropping it to a rectangle with bird on right and eliminating all or most of the perch below the top part of the knuckle in the wood.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    Sounds like a good spot to keep going back to you might just keep getting better and better frames.
    Hi John...that's the general idea plus waiting for a decent flight shot.

Bob: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that on my next visit. I guess I was trying to get as close as possible, but it might be easier to hold the camera steadier instead of pointing it straight up the tree!
    Last edited by Paul Burdett; 04-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.