Thread: Fire Salamander

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fire Salamander

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello folks sorry for being again away from here ...too many things to cover right now.

Just been out yesterday to find this nice characters in a forest nearby , havenīt seen them for ages , just because i did not look for them .Due to a talk with a friend , i went out last friday to check the location , and yesterday i took the camera .
    Came back with loads of images ....but due to old kit or not ideal kit , i produced loads of rubbish ... LOL . Need to go back and get my hands on tiny things to photograph .

So this is a male Fire Salamander or Spotted Salamander , could not find the right english name . Scientific name is Salamandra salamandra

I was struggling with everything , the kit , the light and the animal itself ...LOL.

So IQ is not to my standard .... anyhow i post it . There will be better images in the near future ... i hope

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 2,8 100 Macro ( very old version )
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/1600 sec ; well way more DOF needed .....maybe slower SS to gain more DOF , ooooohhh you see so easily the nervous hand in the viewfinder with that **** macro lens . No chance to use a tripod .

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2018 ; slight crop and a bit of tiny clean up in FG .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings , hope you like this one.

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas it's nice to see you posting something that is not as you say perfect and I mean that in a most nice way,I learn more from this in that I can see what you are saying re dof ,there is still a lot to like with those lovely colours and nice head,what sort of size are they?

Keith.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - As explained in my email to you, we think this more properly belongs in Macro & Flora than Wildlife so I have moved it over here. Love the bright colors. I sort of like the falling off dof.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool looking salamander here. Like the moss and the low angle. Sharp right where it needs to be.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Image. I like the salamander against green colors.

Sharp Eye as well.

Thanks for sharing

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the alert pose and the comp. Good sharpness within your DOF and nice IQ for ISO 6400. I think the image would be even better with more DOF - it looks like you had some wiggle room to adjust SS to get a higher f/stop. Nicely done overall.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas,
    This image works for me with the critical focus on the eye. I like the mossy perch as well. Nice background.
    Allen