Thread: Black-shouldered Kite

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black-shouldered Kite

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all. Just paid my year subscription...so looking forward to posting and learning from others. This Black-shoulderd Kite was high up in the tree but posed nicely for me.
    Canon 7D Mk2, 100-400 lens at 300mm, f/5 1/400th sec hand-held, shutter priority, iso100. (not sure why I didn't use full zoom) Some editing in acr, resized for the forum.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bird looks a little soft to me. Like the perch. Not much you can do about the steep angle.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This guy is giving you the stink eye eh! Well exposed, with a nice perch. The steep angle, light angle, and softness of the subject are unfortunate. Was focus point on the eye of the subject? Thank you for the membership support, we'll do our best to help you learn more on the art of bird and wildlife photography!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel. Thank you for the feedback...much appreciated. The bird was quite high up in the tree...so no way to get level...lol. I took this around 4pm with the sun setting behind me. It was also taken hand-held...maybe I should take my tripod with me this afternoon when I go back to he site for another look. I could sharpen it more in Photoshop before resizing/sharpening for the forum, but I'm thinking that it would then be over sharpened. I always aim to focus on the eye, not sure why my photos are coming out too soft...will aim for more d.o.f with at least f8 next time. What do you suggest?