Thread: Agama

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Agama

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,
    here is another shot of the Rock Agama from near my home.
    7D II
    700mm
    1/400
    f.5.6
    ISO 1600

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Incredible looking fellow, don't you think he would be a great match for my African Sun Agama?

What i love most about this (apart from the lovely pose, soft BG, and detail on the subject) are the colours - this fellow seems to have picked up the black and the orange from the rock and the combination is absolutely striking!

Really enjoyed viewing this Sanjeev, please look for some more Agamas around your home and show us. If this is a male I would like to see what the female looks like. Some interaction would be awesome. I have a few images of Sun Agama "couples" but did not get to process yet, will share with you as soon as I get to them.

Love the variety of wildlife images you've been sharing lately, such a pleasure to view.

PS. Try flipping this horizontally, see if you like it? Composition is superb, nice work!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela, yes I have an image of the female & will share it soon, sadly no interaction between the 2 yet ! Will be on the look out for that.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great proud pose and superb colouring in this little fella. I'd lose about half the rock below if it was mine (wish it was!) but the BG really complements the subject well

Mike

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - This works well. I like the push-up pose. It makes the head look too large for the body. Nice colors and bg. You have to like the close mfd of the 100-400 II for images like this.

TFS,
    Rachel

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed, I like the angle from which the image is taken, he looks so proud and arrogant! I think there is a little more detail to be had from under his chin other than that I have no reservations.

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, love the colour palette and the choice of DoF looks spot on, well done. The BKG is a killer, but I would blow some more in on the top LHC so you have continuity. The pose and detail again is excellent. I might use a mid tone Alpha channel to get some more tone in the orange of the face to add some more depth & structure. Hard to battle on the blacks and detail, but again it looks good. Personally I might have cloned the bottom LHC so like the BKG you have continuity and the line & two tone area doesn't jar.

Nice work.

TFS
    Steve

11. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post