Thread: Tranquility

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tranquility

Attached Images Attached Images

Spotted deers & Sambar Deers at a water hole in Ranathambor NP, India. Drinking up before the predators arrive. I left the lapwing as is as it dove in to catch a bug/fish.
    7D II
    100mm
    1/2000
    f/8
    ISO 1600

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev pleased you pointed out the Plover was trying to identify without the head,good to see the different species ,I particularly like the Spotted ones lovely animals,if I would change anything maybe I would crop out the far right one ,just a thought.Nice relaxed looking image.
    Keith.

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - A pleasant waterhole scene with lots to look at. The light hitting the spotted deer looks great. I wish they weren't intersecting with the sambar deer. I would have dropped the ss slightly and gone for more dof to try to have all of the deer sharp.

TFS,
    Rachel

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Sanjeev,

Sweet light at this scene and it brings out the beauty of the species you have captured.

Techs look great, this is well processed and the colours look natural. I do think you composed best under the circumstances. I like the shape of the water and the amount of space it occupies within the frame. I just feel that the placement of the deer in the top LC somehow affects the overall balance of the image, a matter of visual weight IMO. The presence of the Plover in the lower RC does help to some extent, just not enough to create that symmetry I am seeking. Sorry for nitpicking, thought I'd give you my thoughts as I am viewing, this is indeed a lovely image Sanjeev and I can see what grabbed you at this sighting

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, it's not really working for me, the content isn't really grabbing me and I find the shooting angle too steep, but I can see where you were coming from with the reflection.

TFS
    Steve