Thread: Indian Elephant cow feeding on Eichhornia

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Indian Elephant cow feeding on Eichhornia

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks another frame for this month theme ..
    This cow was feeding with her calf in one of the ponds in Kaziranga NP in Assam , India . The deeper mom went into the pond the youngster was struggling to follow her , so he decided to go back to the forest .
    Mom went deeper and really enjoyed the feeding and the splashing with water ...
    Light was not on my side , it was close to noon and side/back lighting . I tried my best to get the shot and dealed with the lighting additionally in post.
    Hope you like it ...

Canon EOS 1Dx
    Ef 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
    HH

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp ; Auto Iso

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2018 ; slight cropping and leveled .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Fun behavioral image with the splash and flying twigs. Is it an optical illusion or do the water droplets from the splash look sharper than the ele? The light was clearly difficult but you handled it as best you could.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas! A fun image with good content but light was not on your side but you did well here. TFS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andres like it's home made brush in it,s trunk and all the splashing water and bits of plant,good action shot well captured.

Keith.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Boetie Andreas:)

I am still waiting for your reply to my email on the 3rd of March Nope, not pulling your grey socks... I am serious:)

Cute Mama Ellie and I love the action here and splashing water, as well as those bits of vegetation flying around.

Well exposed, well processed, lovely colours. Harsh light handled extremely well. Comp works for me.

A fun image I really enjoyed viewing Andreas, and I gather it wasn't easy to focus on the subject with all those water droplets flying around, but you pulled this off so nicely, well done !!!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great piece of action, Andreas and I like the frame you've chosen with the swish coming from the trunk and vegetation flying. As noted by others, the light was difficult here but I it too think it's been handled well in processing. Aperture used has helped keep the head in focus as the camera would have tried to lock onto the flying droplets.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I think it's very good indeed, the light does not look objectionable to me you have details all over the ele and the shadows have not gone milky. I think the ele skin/hide is well rendered and the flying grass stalks look very eye catching.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you have done a lot of work in controlling bright water patches amongst the plants, the water looks good, it could easily have been too bright. The water droplets are bright but they would be due to the angle of the sun. Good image and considerable control of lighting has been shown, I reckon!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much folks for your kind comments ....the processing was a bit more difficult as you all can imagine , taking your comments. But nothing fancy .
    Shot ETTR with some HL blown , but could be recovered in post .

Rachel ....the FP point was on the head , but the droplets of water could have irritated the AF , the problem is that the droplets are bright and so they do look sharper in general as the eye is drawn to the light parts .

Gabriela ....i hear you ..., i would have answered your mail ,if you had picked up my face time call while you have been online on BPN . The weekend before the last one . Sorry just out of order ....sometime , will try to answer tomorrow.

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry Boetie Andreas, I never saw the missed FT call from you. I am usually away at the week-ends but I do pop in to BPN if I take my laptop along. I must have left it on and wandered away from it?!

Catch up soon, hope you have a lovely evening, thank you for this:)
    Gabriela Plesea