Thread: Booted Warbler

Forum Participant Somdeb Biswas's Avatar
    Shivmandir - Kadamtala, Siliguri, West Bengal, India
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Booted Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Booted Warbler
    This Warbler shot was taken in the winter morning light. It gave me only a few seconds on this open perch. I was lucky that day as the Sp. is too fidgety and seldom I have seen it on an open perch.

(Nikon D500, 500F4 G ED VR, 1.4 TCIII) Exposure Time - 1/2500 seconds, F – 7.1, Exposure Program - Aperture priority, ISO – 400, Exposure Bias Value - -0.33, Metering- Spot, White Balance – Sunny, Focus Mode - AF-C

I appreciate all critiques.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR VIEWING & INPUTS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice bird,nice perch,nice background. The details look good.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Great job on getting one of these guys in the open. I like the perch very much with the little buds coming out. Beautiful background. Details are good as well. I did a quick version where I added a few points of black and reduced the mid tones in levels. In addition I moved the bird over in the frame. As presented I feel it is too far to the right in the frame and too centered. The colors become more intense when you add a few points of black (+3) and reduce the mid tones a few points (97). Then I upped the brightness +3. That is it. I think the change is subtle but makes a difference. These birds are very dull and not showy at all. I think that tiny bit of extra punch to the shot adds some interest.

Forum Participant Somdeb Biswas's Avatar
    Shivmandir - Kadamtala, Siliguri, West Bengal, India
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a ton, Isaac Grant. Yes, your input added extra punch to the shot. The background was a dried up paddy field - it helped me to get the BG color. I cloned out some distracting twigs to the lower right part. Thanks for the framing tip too.

with warm regards,
    Somdeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice, and it;s probable a very difficult bird to get out in the open. Details and composition are lovely. Boosted version as Isaac suggested helps it pop.