Thread: Great Gray

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Great Gray

Attached Images Attached Images

This is from a few Years ago near Anchorage. D-700 AF-S 300mm f/2.8 @ 1/4000 sec f/7.1 iso 800. no crop Adjustments in ACR and CS 6. Taken in mid March after spending a rough winter catching rodents thru the snow.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have a great incoming pose here. Nice eye contact as well. I understand that these birds have very fine feather details and that combined with a slight underexposure is making the head look a little soft. But my guess is that it isn't so I would try and lift the exposure on the bird a bit which may bring out some more details.

3. Thanks Jerrold Matthews thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the eyes of these owls. Nice incoming pose. Works well with the high key look.

5. Thanks Jerrold Matthews thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    You have a great incoming pose here. Nice eye contact as well. I understand that these birds have very fine feather details and that combined with a slight underexposure is making the head look a little soft. But my guess is that it isn't so I would try and lift the exposure on the bird a bit which may bring out some more details.
    Issac thanks for your comments, I had not considered anymore exposure adjustment until you brought it up. Going back to the original raw and following your advice did make a difference. Another issue that I discovered was that I had not done any sharpening after downsizing the image. Thanks, Jerry