Thread: Theme: Chickadee

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Chickadee

Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, another one. I know they're common and photographed six ways to Sunday, but when you have birds that are so tame they eat out of your hand, and are so darn cute to boot, it's hard to resist. Like gulls, they generally do something neat if you point a lens at them. I put a stick in the snow near a feeder at the local park, and put sunflower seeds around it to bring the birds in. Conversion and optimization was a simple detail extractor and selective sharpening on the face, plus removal of one or two white spots.

5D mkIV
    500mm f/4 IS, 1.4x TC III
    1/800 @ f/7.1, ISO 800
    ACR/Photoshop

Think spring!
    Jake

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks good to me, Jake. Nice image of a bird I remember from when I lived in New Hampshire. The white background shows the bird and perch nicely. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really lovely Jake. Might be common for you but not me. The high key works very well and composition looks good to me. Really nice tonal range with excellent detail right from the whites to the black/dark plumage. Nice pose as well. Nothing wrong here from my perspective.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love these little guys (as well as the gulls!). Very photogenic as we see here. Lucky the tail cleared the top of the perch. Well exposed and sharp. I'd be tempted to raised the WB just a bit.