Thread: Mandarin Duck (drake) (C)

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mandarin Duck (drake) (C)

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Lake Mirror in Lakeland, Florida. The early morning was draped in heavy fog, by mid morning the fog had begun to life so I headed for the lake. I posted this image before but did work on it for the theme this month. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
    1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 2/3 ISO 2000, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 03-22-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am so glad you said you posted this before! I thought I was having a "senior" moment when I saw it and remembered it from before.
    I see some weird stuff going on in the BG- white spot above bird, lots of dark spots in water, white line below and left upper lily pad .BG looks grey and grainy.Not sure why.
    I would clone out the OOF leaf on LHS.
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Shot. I like the reflection and way you left the leaves on the left side.

Thanks for sharing

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    I am so glad you said you posted this before! I thought I was having a "senior" moment when I saw it and remembered it from before.
    I see some weird stuff going on in the BG- white spot above bird, lots of dark spots in water, white line below and left upper lily pad .BG looks grey and grainy.Not sure why.
    I would clone out the OOF leaf on LHS.
    Gail
    Hi Gail, thank you for viewing and commenting. My guess regarding what you see on the background is probably from too much post processing. Trying to make a light gray background white. The less post processing the better the image.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The bird looks fine but the lily pads don't really work for me. They are flat in color do more to distract than add IMO.
    Bird kind of feels like an afterthought since he's jammed into that upper left corner.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely colourful, image however I don't think the bill tip and eye are quite pin sharp, they don't seem to be so clearly delineated as some of the plumage.