Thread: Predator vs Prey

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Predator vs Prey

Attached Images Attached Images

As the stealthy cheetah walks by, the anxious Gnu eyes him & then starts to trot away. I was trying to isolate a single cheetah out of the coalition to get something like this.
    5D III
    500 II
    1/3200
    f/8
    ISO 800

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - Another good look at one of the cheetahs. You handled the harsh light well. My biggest issue with the frame is the intersection of the gnu's leg with the cheetah's head. Any chance you have a similar frame without the intersection?

TFS,
    Rachel

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, if you lost the Gnu, this would have been a cracking Cheetah image, well exposed, good colour, nice detail. For me the Gnu is just too big and being darker than the Cheetah my eyes get drawn. I would come in on the LHS just a sliver to remove the hint of brown subject creeping in.

TFS
    Steve

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose and expression on the cheetah, all in beautiful, crisp detail Sanjeev. I can't imagine doing better in processing with the light you had either. I like the concept of prey and predator too although in this case, with the cheetah clearly not showing interest, it has less impact than otherwise. Not sure what you have in the rest of the frame but, if possible, I'd go wider and maybe take a bit off the bottom. But I'm guessing you cropped this way to avoid other things in the frame and concentrate attention on the two main elements.

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev, I must agree with everyone above, your cheetah is stunning! It is not always easy to get the colours right on this species during PP work. For some reason cheetahs always end up looking too yellow or too red, blacks chocked and the whites too grey or overexposed. This is just awesome, well exposed, nice DoF too, sharpness and detail is superb. The Wildebeest position in the frame is unfortunate though, all I can think of is to try make him as "dull" as possible by reducing some of the contrast as well as "softening" those blacks a little. Good techs and nice PP work Sanjeev, a pleasure to view

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea