Thread: Palm Warbler

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Palm Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

I worked on this warbler to adjust shadows a bit as the sun was shining on his head, but the lower part of him was more in the shade. Thanks for any feedback.
    Taken last summer on his nesting grounds here in Minnesota near the town of Floodwood.

7DII, 800mm, f9, ISO 800

- Paul

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely little bird, Paul. However, there appears to be a few significant technical problems that may have come from cropping too hard (good idea to mention the amount of crop when posting). At the size presented, the detail is quite soft and image quite noisy. For me the bird is a bit big in the frame too. I'd have the bird smaller in the frame. This will also reduce the overall cropping and help with the noise and lack of sharpness but suspect the image may be hard to recover sufficient detail even with a looser crop. Not sure how much experience you have but it may be worth looking at the 'Eager to Learn' forum on BPN to pick up some of the necessary skills in image capture and processing?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with Glenn. As posted it appears that a huge crop has magnified the noise and impacted the fine detail. Were you trying to eliminate a busy setting? It's almost always more pleasing to have more room around the subject, to make the image less cramped. Good pose and colours on this warbler.