Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mallard duks

Name:  _DSC6581-Edit_FB_LO.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  74.0 KB

It is my first post, Mallard duks @ fly

Nikon d610, Sigma Sport 150-600, Shot at 600 mm Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/2,500 sec, f/8, ISO 1000, graphic processing LR + PS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Sebastian. Wow, you were very close to a great image; if only the drake's head were separated from the hen's head ... SH and EXP look pretty good but there seems to be a YELLOW cast to the birds. Welcome; I hope that you decide to join us full time :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sebastian, welcome to BPN! I love the alternate poses here. i agree with Artie about the head and bill separation, but very nice introductory post for us to see.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Welcome Sebastian. Wow, you were very close to a great image; if only the drake's head were separated from the hen's head ... SH and EXP look pretty good but there seems to be a YELLOW cast to the birds. Welcome; I hope that you decide to join us full time :)

with love, artie
    Thank you for your comment Artie, the yellow cast it's the filter effects in PS, i am beginer in PS and all remarks are needed to improve my experience. I want to spend more time here because I can get help, improve myself and in the future help other members.

Sebastian

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Hi Sebastian, welcome to BPN! I love the alternate poses here. i agree with Artie about the head and bill separation, but very nice introductory post for us to see.

Thank you for your comment Daniel, what do you mean the head and bill separation, another composition or post processing in PS ?

Sebastian

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sebastian, Big time thanks for your membership support. You have come to the right place to learn. Dan and I were referring to the fact that the duck's heads were touching. That due to bad luck ... There would be no natural looking fix in Photoshop ...

As far as learning Photoshop, I wrote this e-guide just for you: http://birdsasart-shop.com/the-birds...tal-basics-ii/

with love and looking forward to seeing more. You can learn a ton about both bird photography and post-processing by subscribing to my blog here.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sebastian, To reduce the YELLOW cast I put the image on a new layer and hit Control + U for Hue Saturation. Then I picked the YELLOW channel from the dropdown menu and de-saturated the YELLOW abou 75%. Then I added a Regular Layer Mask and painted the YELLOW back into the bills at 50%. Then just for fun I separated the two heads using a series of Quick Masks refined by Regular Layer masks :

with love, artie

ps: it is actually pretty easy to learn to do this stuff :)

8. Thanks Sebastian Wlodarz thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Hi Sebastian, Big time thanks for your membership support. You have come to the right place to learn. Dan and I were referring to the fact that the duck's heads were touching. That due to bad luck ... There would be no natural looking fix in Photoshop ...

As far as learning Photoshop, I wrote this e-guide just for you: http://birdsasart-shop.com/the-birds...tal-basics-ii/

with love and looking forward to seeing more. You can learn a ton about both bird photography and post-processing by subscribing to my blog here.
    Arthur, this was not easy exercise for me, these ducks are flying fast ;) Mayby next time ;) I alredy 4 months subscribing your blog, you are doing good job and this is very useful and 3 weeks ago i recived The BIRDS AS ART Current Workflow e-Guide (Digital Basics II) but I did not have time yet to read the whole.

Sebastian

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sebastian, All good and give it some time. But start studying :) Thanks for your purchase.

with love, artie