Thread: Galveston Pier

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Galveston Pier

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,

This was one of my earlier images taken when I started Photography 3 years back.

I always love long exposure, thought I did not get a chance to fully explore it. This was one if the early images which I tried with Long exposures and Filters.

Nikon D7100, 50mm f/1.8 Lens
    ISO 100, f/13, 4 sec Exposure
    Shutter Priority, 0EV

Hope you like it.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
    Krishna

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Krishna

I think you should have commented on a few of the other images, especially now you posted a second... For me this image works because you have captured the dynamics and colour for the Piers attractions. Framing is good. I do think if the deck is a little too dark however and has the look of being pushed a bit too hard in processing. A bit too contrast I feel...I also would choose a shorter shutter speed as another option as I think that the Ferris wheel looks like a giant fan at the moment, while a faster shutter speed could still give a pleasing sense of motion while retaining its identity as a Ferris wheel.. (Hope Ferris wheel translates... but I am sure you know what I am talking about)

Don

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty neat. Really like the colors of the ferris wheel. Nice scene overall.