Thread: Wild Horse

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild Horse

Attached Images Attached Images

One of the wild horses on Assateague Island National Seashore. I took a break from shooting the Snowy Owls that wintered there and captured this mare " Harmony " in the dunes at sunset. For all the more challenging images of birds in flight I have captured this one has resulted in more interest, at least more interest in purchase and I have sold several copies. Given my close proximity to the park and the interest that the wild horse images seem to generate I think I may spend more time with them this spring. 1/800, f5, auto ISO 1600, 16-35 f4 @ 32mm, D850. Small crop and basic edits in LR. NeatImage applied to background and sharpened the mare using smart sharpen filter in PS ( sorry Steve habit ). All feedback appreciated and welcomed.

Attachment 174483
    Last edited by John Whaley; 03-04-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cracking shot John, the early soft light, eye contact & pose with the D850 extracting wonderful detail in the horses coat. One tiny issue might have been for a slightly lower angle, for the water/horizon.

TFS

3. Thanks John Whaley thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John - This works extremely well with nice pastel colors, soft light and a really nice comp. Well done.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John -- A beautiful image ! Loved those soft colours and light . Eye contact is pretty nice as well and considering the close proximity I wonder how used to they are to human presence. Unless you have taken this with a remote trigger ( cant see any mention though ). But a beautiful frame indeed, superbly done.

TFS !

6. Thanks John Whaley thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear John,

This is truly a lovely image and the colours are fantastic, love the warmth here. Well composed and processed, background is superb.

An attractive frame and I especially like the eye contact and pose from the subject.

Many thanks for sharing, would be happy to see more images from you in this forum, keep them coming please!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot I like the colours and texture in the mare. I feel the more I look at it the more I like it, it is captivating! I wonder if it needs a tiny bit of anticlockwise rotation??