Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1dx Mark II
    Canon 300 f.2,8 is
    iso 500
    1/8000 f.2,8

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio -- A nice backlit image. I would have liked some more space in the front and bottom of the image. techs are a bit unsual . ss is too high and 2.8 could habeen stopped down to 7.1 but under exposing would have provided that much of ss. what is in the BKG , water ? Blacks are bit heavy for my liking. I would open up the darks a bit more. nice concept.

TFS !

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio - I really like backlit images and do a lot of them myself. So much of how a backlit image is processed e.g. amount of detail, saturation, etc. all comes down to personal preference. The rim light here is very nice. I do wish the fox was more parallel to the sensor than angled slightly away from it. I would back off on the sharpening of the surrounding snow. I would prefer a lower pov and a bit more room below and less above. The techs are a bit extreme but I presume you did so purposely to underexpose for the backlit conditions. A little less extreme would give you more choices when processing (e.g. more detail in the fox).

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

**** Haseeb
    the BKG is water and i used 2,8 to give no detail about and give an undefined idea about.
    I have more space in front and under (it is a bit crop) . About darks I could triy but I am afraid to give more attention to the color instead of the light around the fox.
    Thanks
    Gio

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this, one of your loveliest images from what I have seen lately. The background resembles a canvas. Nice rim light. Just a thought - I can barely see the eye of the fox, perhaps it would have been good to have a bit more detail on the subject?
    Nice composition too. This experiment paid off, maybe try another version with more space on the LHS. Very well done Gio, and thank you so much for sharing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela
    LHS ? Left Hight ?
    About the eyes is very difficult..I have some similar photos also with more space ; i will try make for them different pp with more light on the eye.
    Thanks
    Ciao
    Gio