Thread: Photography Problems .....

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Photography Problems .....

Any idea why I'm getting the bright round circles in the images I shot with my Celestron spotting scope, using my Note 8 smartphone ... ? Same bright spots in the image of the Moon and also the daytime picture of the trees (there were birds perched, but they flew away suddenly !)

https://ibb.co/b56VLx

https://ibb.co/jS6Qnc

Threads
    Thank You Posts

That looks like lens flare, which you will often get if photographing directly into the sun or other bright light sources. But here you obviously do not have strong light in front of you...did you have strong light behind you that may have entered through your scope's viewfinder somehow?

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    That looks like lens flare, which you will often get if photographing directly into the sun or other bright light sources. But here you obviously do not have strong light in front of you...did you have strong light behind you that may have entered through your scope's viewfinder somehow?
    No bright lights. I'm thinking I might have had the flash turned on. I will experiment again later today and make sure to turn off the flash.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not sure what your rig looks like when all attached but yes, it could be the flash reflecting off a scope part close to the lens, especially if you have a gap whoever small it may be. Flash will not help in either of the examples shown anyhow, so turning it off is a good idea for those specific situations.

Thank You Posts

Hi! Have you figured out the reason for the distortion of photos? Was the problem with the flash turned off or something else? I am now preparing to print out family photos taken on my smartphone and noticed a similar problem with some of my pictures. The problem is not critical for me, but I want to know the reason so that there will be no more similar situations. I plan to take pictures of each family member and print them from frameshop.com.au, and I don't want to have a similar problem again.