iso 320
    f.4
    1/1350

Canon 1dx Mark II
    Canon 300 f.2,8 IS plus extender 1,4

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Something different for sure Giovanni,

but it's not quite working for me here as the pine treed vegetation is drawing my eye somewhat and also appears to be the critical focal point rather than on the fox.

TFS

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio - Good to see an arctic fox and you've got some nice detail in the snow. You handled what looks like bright light well but I agree with Marc that the bg overwhelms the fox and draws the eye. Also some of the blacks are choked and if it were mine I would reduce the blues in the shadows. Also I think you actually shot this at 1/2500.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

An animal I've never seen and quite interesting that it is so dark, Giovanni. I think this would have been better if you'd been able to get more of the frame on the fox: perhaps the 2x extender instead. Still a very interesting animal and nice setting.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Gio,

Very special sighting and I must say, the subject looks like a little toy among the pines

I do agree the vegetation is somewhat overwhelming but such is the environment. To me the main issue is, the arctic fox seems less sharp than the pines (where was your FP?)

Nice detail in the snow. Blues are indeed a tad strong. I personally feel the image is a bit too contrasty and saturated, Gio. Really worth another look and some gentler PP work, especially on the fox.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hollander View Post
    Hi Gio - Good to see an arctic fox and you've got some nice detail in the snow. You handled what looks like bright light well but I agree with Marc that the bg overwhelms the fox and draws the eye. Also some of the blacks are choked and if it were mine I would reduce the blues in the shadows. Also I think you actually shot this at 1/2500.

TFS,
    Rachel
    Yes I wrote wrong ..it is 1/2500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello
    thanks to all.
    I decided to make this composition to show the animal in a different situation than only in the snow without no more.
    Off course Grabriela you are right it is a bit contrasted ..The saturation is more for a more warm white balance (I like the warm color of the trees).
    I verified the point of focus and it is on the face...pay attention the trees in the left and in the light ar about the same line with the face of fox....and for this reason , I think, show more in focus..