Thank You Posts

Default The Lookout

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX
    f/4 500mm with 1.4
    f/6.3
    1/1000
    ISO 800

Another trip to the Glen this weekend and found it unusually very quiet. The usual, is to drive through the 7 mile long glen, and watch for Red Grouse popping their head up from the heathery undergrowth, get out the vehicle, and try to get closer. Maybe there had been a Grouse shoot earlier.. Anyway, I drove through the glen several times, then decided to make my way home. I went round this bend on the track, and there he was. Standing on a rock, showing off his weather beaten white legs, and proudly looking over his Glen. No fieldcraft required for this one. Just leaned over to the open passengers window and placed the beanbag and lens on the top of the door.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Will:

I like the proud pose, great eye brows, color harmony, rounded shape of rock in bg echoes his curves. Lovely exposure and details.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lord of the Glenn indeed, he owns the place! I like the stance, the weathered feathered feet, the tiny plants underfoot, and the BG, what a grand image you have!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image Will! I like the pose, IQ, details, setting and composition.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image of a grouse. Techs look spot on, wonderful color palette. My only wish would be to see the feet but I know not possible. Thank you for sharing, Will.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've got a lovely setting for these Will with all the BG colours available. Another really nice frame, sounds like a typical grouse finding session, they always seem to hide until you're ready to go home!

Mike

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice frame Will. I really like the setting for this with the bird on the mossy perch surveying the surroundings that are also pleasing.