Thread: Spotting Scope Advice .....

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spotting Scope Advice .....

I need to get a Spotting Scope (Angled) for observing birds and whales on my 3-4 week trip up the Pacific Coast from Fort Bragg, California to Astoria, Oregon, this summer ....

I'm hoping to spend around $1,000.00 total for a scope, head, tripod, digiscoping adaptor. Also, can you recommend a backpack to carry the tripod and additonal equipment (35mm camera, film, batteries, etc. ....) ?

I would like to do some digiscoping, hopefully connect my old Pentax K1000, and also my Samsung Note 8 smartphone to the scope for good shots .....

I have no experience with this type of equipment ... so I would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions .... I will be spending lots of time in many spots up the coast observing birds and whales and other wildlife, and want to take lots of pictures and videos .....

I would like to get this equipment soon .... the sooner the better ... so I can go birding with our local Audubon Club to practice using the scope and digiscoping .....

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is the equipment that I want to order .....

I want to make sure that I have the correct equipment before I place the order .... Any suggestions ... ?

>> Celestron Regal M2 100ED Spotting Scope
    >> Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 Aluminum Tripod with 502HD Fluid Head Hybrid Video Kit (rated to hold 15.4 pounds)
    >> Novagrade Digiscoping Phone Adapter
    >> Celestron Universal T-Adapter for 1-1/4" Eyepiece Mounts
    >> T-2 Adapter

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is what I ordered. Arriving Tuesday.

>> Celestron Regal M2 100ED Spotting Scope
    >> Manfrotto MAT055CX PRO4 Carbon Fiber (19.8 pounds load rating)
    >> Manfrotto MVH502AH Video Head (15 pound load rating)
    >> Novagrade Digiscoping Phone Adapter NOPA 020001
    >> Celestron Universal T-Adapter for 1-1/4" Eyepiece Mounts (Pentax Adapter) (Included in the Kit)
    >> T-2 Adapter