Thread: Black-winged Stilt

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black-winged Stilt

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,
    This Stilt was taken recently at Kedron Brook in Brisbane. Canon 7D Mk2, EF100-400ii. Feedback appreciated as always. Cheers.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Getting any shorebird in flight is always hard so well done. I love this species and have seen them many times. Next time work on getting them in flight at eye level. Looking forward to more. Have any shots of Inland Dotteral or Plainswanderer in flight

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Isaac. Thanks so much for the feedback. Will aim for "eye level" shots. No Dotteral/Plainswanderer yet...my next mission! Do have a Baillon's Crake non flight shot though.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with nice near-underwing detail. As Isaac said, too steep an angle to the bird. I am not a fan of the boxy crop here. More room all around would hep a bit.

Note to Isaac: I do not think that you have seen this species ....

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, I have birded Asia quite a few times and also been to Australia

Paul I'd be super impressed if you manage an Emu in flight shot

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Isaac. You got me!

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie,
    Thank you for the feedback. I will take your advice in future shots...very nice to get feedback from you as I've been following your blog for some time and value your opinions greatly.
    Cheers.

Isaac...Emu in flight? no problem...lol

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Burdett View Post
    Hi Artie,
    Thank you for the feedback. I will take your advice in future shots...very nice to get feedback from you as I've been following your blog for some time and value your opinions greatly.
    Cheers.

Isaac...Emu in flight? no problem...lol
    Hi Paul. You are most welcome. I do hope that you become a member as I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. As you probably know, I love shorebirds.

artie

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Paul I was in Deniliquin many years back and we were in someones car. We were driving really fast along side 3 Emus that were running full speed through the plains. It was almost like they were flying as each step took them so far. Driver wasn't paying attention to where we were going and was watching the Emus until the last second when he realized we were going straight towards a ditch. He slammed on the breaks and we all crashed into the seat in front of us. Have the whole thing on video.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie,
    Thank you for kind words. I will become a member, as I really appreciate the constructive criticism I've received so far, and look forward to improving my photography even more. Cheers.
    Isaac...would love to see that video! Hope you weren't injured in the car though? (Things we do to capture that shot!)